“Why would I pay to have a unique custom designed splash page created when most websites provide free splash pages for promotion?”
I hear this question frequently, and it is a great question! I love this question because it gives me the opportunity to open someone’s eyes to the HUGE potential and necessity of custom splash pages.
- How many times have you seen the same old standard splash pages while surfing?
- Do these pages grab your attention, or do you even notice them at all?
- When you see the same page for the 200th time that day, does it really inspire you to join that site or inquire about that product/service?
- Do you know who is promoting that splash page and if their opinion is valuable?
My personal answers to the above questions are no, no, no, and NO!
We all know as surfers (myself included) it is very hard to grab our attention! We surf for maybe hours daily, and we see the same splash pages over and over and over and… well you get the idea. Many people don’t even see your standard splash page because they surf a few traffic exchanges at a time and are concentrating on matching correct surf images or hovering to get to the next site!
Consider the following:
- If you use the splash pages provided by any given site, you are NOT promoting what you love best about that program! You are promoting what the owner of that website views as the best features/benefits. YOU use the program. YOU know firsthand what is great about it!
- By not using a custom designed splash page for promotions, you are letting someone else decide how to market your campaign! You are leaving the success and or failure of your campaign in the hands of someone else.
- If you aren’t inspired by the same old splash page you’ve seen 100 times over, most likely, other people are not going to be any more excited than you are to see it. A custom designed splash page is much more likely to give that “Oh wow, what is that? I need to check it out now!” response that you are seeking.
Sure, you pay $20-30 for a unique custom designed splash page. But the value of branding yourself, having a splash page in your arsenal that NO ONE else will EVER have, being able to specifically tailor how you market your website, product, and/or service to others, and having full control of your of your own marketing potential is absolutely priceless!